Guidelines for Student (High School andunder) Application for Using Library Resources
Students (high school and under) who need to use library materials for research and are notable to find such materials in either the school library or the local publiclibrary are eligible to apply to use the resources of the National CentralLibrary by completing the “Application Form for Students (High School and under) for Using National Central LibraryResources” to be found following the “Guidelines for Student (High School and under) Application for Using National Central Library Resources.”
Guidelines for Student (High School andunder) Application for Using National Central Library Resources
Approved at the 7thLibrary Affair Meeting on August 22, 2012
1. Students (high school and under) who need to use library materials for research and are unable to find such materials
in either the school library or the local public library are eligible to apply to use National Central Library Resources in the
2. Such resources that may be applied for include books (excluding those from special collections), journals, newspapers,
video/audio materials, and digital databases.
3. The applicant needs to apply for permission seven days prior to the scheduled day for visiting the Library by completing
the “Student (High School and under) Application Form for Using National Central Library Resources” (attached) the
form must be stamped by the school (Academic Affairs Office), and mailed or faxed to the Library. The form may also
be delivered in person to the Service Desk of the Library.
4. After a careful review of the request, the Library will send a notice of its decision through e-mail or by phoning the
5. Upon receiving the Library’s approval to use the materials applied for, the applicant should visit the Library on the
appointed date and bring his/her ID Card (or Health Card) to obtain a temporary library pass. If the application form
has been faxed in, the applicant should bring the original form to the Library on the day scheduled for visiting the
6. Upon entering the Library, the applicant should follow the instructions of the librarian and use the materials in the area
designated for such use instead of the Library’s Study Room. When using library materials, the applicant should follow
the regulations listed in the “Regulations governing Reading Services” and the related restrictions of copyright law.