[Periodicals Reading Room ]
● About the Collection
The Periodicals Reading Room is located at the 3rd floor of the library. Periodicals displayed on the open shelves include the follows:
(1) Frequently used university bulletins (they are arranged according to number of strokes of the first character of university names);
(2) Bound important academic journals, the awarded journals, and frequently used journals;
(3) Current issue of each title (Chinese periodicals are arranged by subject, and Western-language periodicals are arranged alphabetically;
(4) Some current issue of foreign newspapers and recently bound issues of periodicals published in Taiwan;
(5) Well-used back newspaper issues published within recent 4 years as well as compact editions of back issues of some newspaper titles. For today’s newspapers published in Taiwan, please visit the room 'Today’s Newspapers' located at the B1 of the library.
● Services and Facilities
(1) Retrieval Services
In the open shelves of the Periodicals Reading Room, there are about 750 Chinese periodical titles and 400 Western-language periodical titles for users to browse and use. For the periodicals kept in the closed stacks, users need to apply at the Service Counter of this Periodicals Reading Room. Each retrieval request allows users to apply for 5 periodical titles, and 5 volumes for each title. For newspapers published after January 1991, no paper version will be provided. Users can either use microfilms in the Microfilm Reading Room at 4th floor, or use the newspaper databases. For newspapers published in foreign countries, the library keeps the recent 5 years publications only.
In the Periodicals Reading Room, there are 49 workstations and 4 printers equipped for searching of academic resources.
(3) Brief Instruction Courses on Periodicals
Users who want to learn about resources and services at this Periodicals Reading Room could join a 30 minutes brief instruction course. The instruction course covers how to search for periodical literature and how to make request for retrieval service in NCL. Such brief instruction courses are to be held on 14:30 Wednesdays as long as there are more than 3 people made appointment to attend the course. It is also possible that group of users (3 people and more) make appointment for a specific time period (please refer to the Application Form in the Attachment below). To make appointment:
a. Please call (02)2361-9132 Ext. 305.
b. Please fill out the Application Form and turn in to the Service Counter of Periodicals Reading Room, or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Appointment should be done 2 days ahead of the requested instruction course date.
d. The course will be given during 9:00- 16:00 Tuesday through Friday.
● Service Hours
(1) Opening Hours of the Periodicals Reading Room:
(2) Retrieval Services: