According to the National Central Library Reader Service Directions, people who meet one of the follows are eligible to apply for an NCL library card:
a. Taiwan (R.O.C.) citizens aged 16 years and over.
b. Registered as high school/ vocational school student, or those who own equivalent qualifications.
c. Foreign people aged 16 years and over, with a valid passport or valid certification issued by his/ her country’s embassy or by the Taiwan (R.O.C.) government.
(2) Required Documents: One of the followings:
- a. Valid Taiwan (R.O.C.) Citizen Identification Card;
- b. Valid Taiwan (R.O.C.) Driver’s License;
- c. Valid passport
(3) Place to Process the Application
To apply an NCL Library Card, it is necessary to come to the Library in person and present Citizen Identification Card or Driver’s License (Taiwan Citizens), or Passport (none Taiwan citizens) at the Library Card Service Counter located in the National Central Library lobby area. Address: 20 Zhung-Shan S. Rd. Taipei 100201, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(4) Service Hours:
* No services on Mondays and National Holidays
(5) For more information: +886-2-2361-9132 Ext. 218。