1. The National Central Library provides reference services through the following means:
(1) The Reference Service Desk at the Main Library (2nd floor) and Service Counter at branch libraries and reading rooms.
(2) Telephone: +886-2-2361-9132 ext. 250 (reference services), ext. 213 (general information)
(3) E-mail: email@example.com
(4) NCL Knowledge-based Reference System
(5) Mail: Address: No. 20, Zhongshan S. Rd., Taipei City 100201, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
2. Please be aware that the scope of this services does not include:
(1) help with school assignments, tests, award-winning quiz games, riddles games;
(2) lawsuit and medical counseling;
(3) appraisal of antiques, artwork;
(4) translation of letters, documents;
(5) mathematics and statistics problems;
(6) private & personal problems
3. Correspondents are encouraged to consult with the following online resources before seeking assistance from this service:
(1) Selected Frequently Asked Questions;
(2) Annotations for Selected Websites;
(3) Frequently Asked Questions and Answers concerning NCL (NCL Q&A).
4. Reference services provided through Internet:
(1) All the online reference inquiries will be answered by the NCL reference librarians. When necessary, the inquiries will be answered with the assistance from domain experts or scholars either serve at the NCL or other institutions.
(2) Users are allowed to make online inquiries any time of a day. Please be aware that there are specific kinds of questions excluded from this service (Please refer to the EXCLUSIONS as stated in 2).
(3) Average waiting time for answers is 3-5 working days.
(4) Correspondents are supposed to provide personal information before processing inquiries. The personal information is for statistics purpose only. The NCL will keep such information confidential.
(5) To enable knowledge sharing and to encourage discussion, the NCL constructed a database in the NCL Knowledge-based Reference System to archive the well classified inquiries and answers for all visitors to this website to read and to participate in discussion.
For more information: