There are two types of Wi-Fi access services available for users:
(1) How to Connect to Networks by this option:In your computer's network-connection utilities panel, look for the wireless network named "ncl_reader". It is open for free use inside the Library. Password is not required.
(2) Resources searchable through this wireless network connection option:Users can access to Websites within the following domains: *.edu, *.org, *.gov.
(3) Other privileges: With this connection option, users can browse/ download full-text images from some of the NCL’s electronic databases with his/ her own laptops. However, there are databases such as NCL Taiwan Periodical Literature, the subscribed newspapers database system, the subscribed E-Books databases, etc. which allow to access to non open-access full-text images only from NCL definite IP. For such databases, users have to use the computers provided by the NCL but not his/ her own laptops.
(4) Area covered: Study room located at B1; reading rooms from 2nd Floor to 6th Floor inside the Library.
(1) How to Connect to Internet by this option:
a. Apply for an “iTaiwan” account at iTaiwan Application Website.
b. Connect to Networks by "iTaiwan" option:In your computer's network-connection utilities panel, look for the wireless network named "iTaiwan".
(2) Resources searchable through this wireless network connection option:With this connection option, users can explore at the Internet by free search engines such as Google or Yahoo, but will not be allowed to utilize the NCL’s electronic databases that are restricted for on-site use only.
(3) Area covered: Study Room located at B1, reading rooms from 2nd Floor to 6th Floor inside the Library except Rare Books Reading Room at the 4th floor.